Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Black/Latino in America





So I never, ever, evereverever bothered with CNN's Black in America series. I knew they were going to suck. And they did. They didn't show any of the things that I think non-Black/especially white people in this country need to know.

But now that they're doing a Latino in America series I'm starting to wonder. Should I watch? Soledad O'Brien is questionably Black, but maybe she's just a little more Latina. Maybe they'll say some things I need to hear.

So, what say you? Will you be watching CNN's Latino in America?!

4 comments:

Maurice said...

For me, Black in America was not worth watching because they were not going to tell me anything I didn't already know (and then some). The wifey watched it and enjoyed it, though.

The wifey plans to record Latin in America. I suppose I'll join her. I know as much about being Latino/a in America as white people know what it's like to be black. I've never lived anyplace where there was a recognizable population of, as they say, them.

-nicole- said...

Maurice
I'm probably going to dvr it, but who knows if I'll ever be able to psych myself up enough to watch it... probably not though...

D said...

As a Latino living in America, I'd watch this show for its comedy aspect more than anything else.

-nicole- said...

aren't these kind of cnn shows only good for comedy at this point anyway?