Wednesday, September 16, 2009

...miscellany...

a random collection of thoughts... not one related to the next
  • yahoo world news freaks me out. general descriptions of topics/content: middle east: conflict/europe: politics, economics, football (soccer)/latin america: (gang) murder, coups, natural disasters/africa: poverty, hiv/aids, aid... must find new news outlets. do not like cnn... maybe i should just go back to the bbc.
  • people are lazy: when you push the handicap button the door does open but it takes forever. just use your freaking hands.
  • facebook makes me happy. i don't care what anyone (jean) says, it's amazing. i can keep up with friends/get a lot of information/dick around on the internet all in one place... sadly, it is becoming like twitter now that it's conquered the myspace arena... *sigh*
  • today is my last full day at my job... tomorrow, total half day (can't go over those 30 hrs!). i look forward to hanging with my Kat, getting down to business (apparently those papers WILL NOT write themselves), and finish the half-assed unpacking job from this weekend
  • considering the possibility of dating again. if true, will have to stop cutting men off who approach me/spend more time outside of my apartment and the grocery store/possibly work up the nerve to ask someone i like out. *double sigh*... oh and also, must find repellent spray for men in their late 30s/40s hitting on me, especially the bus driver on my route home. no one my age is interested, but a dude clearly old enough to be my father... gross.
  • need another bookshelf. i just got one!
  • circling a pair of boots. really want to go shopping. fall is coming! really broke.
  • want to go on a trip. too poor for int'l, but domestic... hmmm. sadly i also can't afford the bay. nyc is looking pretty damn good right now.
  • in love with these hair care products: Oyin.
  • must buy shoe goo. will not give up on those damn boots yet!
  • in love with Nanami Cowdroy. must save money to buy & frame prints/see one of her exhibitions.
  • currently avoiding someone with questionable academic morals. must find way to say to said person that i think they're an underhanded skeezer that i wouldn't let look at my grocery list let alone anything even remotely involving my work? there should be a google translate page to make harsh things sound better.
  • trying to wrap my brain around a post on interracial relationships... too complex? relatedly, sean penn is dating jessica white? they met at kid rock's house? crazy!
that is all.

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

-boooooooooooots!!!!!!!
-I'm perturbed about the skeezy academic.